Sunday, July 21, 2024

Top 5 This Week

Related Posts

Jamaica: Minor fire at Mandeville Regional Hospital; 11 newborns and staff safe

Jamaica: Following the minor fire at the Mandeville Regional Hospital in Manchester this morning, the Southern Regional Health Authority has confirmed that all the newborns admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) are safe.

Around 3:45 in the morning, the staff members noticed the smoke coming and was alerted and rushed to the NICU ward, sharing the details of the incident, Alwyn Miller, CEO of the hospital, explained.

The reason behind the smoke has been revealed during the investigation; which claimed that the smoke was coming from the Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) device and it resulted in a minor fire.

The staff present called the fire department and they swiftly acted upon the complaint and reached the site and extinguished the fire.

It is to be noted, that the staff members shifted the 11 newborns to the pediatric ward after being removed from the NICU that caught fire.

After shifting the newborns, a complete assessment was done, which revealed that all the staff members and the 11 babies were safe.

The Southern Regional Health Authority shared that the situation has been assessed by the team and the mistake is being corrected. Also, the hospital will resume the usage of NICU by the evening.

Popular Articles