Have you ever had problems with the WiFi signal that reaches your device? Surely it has always happened to all of us although we pay a certain speed, this does not translate into our experience when surfing the internet. No doubt this is a very troublesome situation that does not occur in isolation for a single day. We can see this for a long time and without any change.
We almost always blame the internet provider. However, there is also the possibility that we are doing something wrong, especially with the router. This is something normal, because normally they are details that seem obvious but that we usually overlook.
7 useful tips to improve the functioning of your Wifi network
- Obviously we must take into account the place where the router is installed and the point where we want the signal to be more stable (logically where we will be with our device most of the time). Applications like Wifi Analyzer allow us to know the intensity with which the signal reaches the position where our smartphone is. This app also makes a comparison with other nearby signals.
- Make sure that the router is in the most central room of the entire house. In addition, we must ensure that there are no major interferences such as walls or ceilings between this and our device (smartphone, TV, PC, etc). Any obstacle can interfere with the performance of the signal.
- Complementing the above, you should put the router at a high point and not on the ground. Do not put objects on it or put it in cabinets or similar containers. Avoid putting it next to appliances that interfere with your signal such as cordless phones, microwaves, security alarms, etc. Additionally, it must be far from mirrors, windows, fish tanks, metals, etc.
- It never hurts to mention that too many connected equipment will reduce the speed in each one of them. It is advisable to change the network password frequently and that this is not too easy. If you believe that your neighbor is connecting to your network without your permission, you can quickly change the password by logging in to your router.
- To extend the coverage of the signal, you can buy a Wifi repeater. Small versions that connect directly to the electric network are available from $ 20 and up on the Internet. On the other hand, you can also buy a router that is configured as a repeater. Both can be achieved with characteristic of “Wallbreaker”, which resists a bit the signal weakening caused by obstacles.
- Streaming services such as Netflix or playing online games require good bandwidth. If this is combined with other internet uses at the time, very poor performance will be obtained. The ideal in these cases is not to depend on the Wifi signal and connect the device by cable.
- If you are still having problems with the signal, you can check with the internet provider. Of course, before you should do a speed test to know if the network does not offer what the plan dictates. To do this, you must close other applications that use the internet and be connected by local network.
Voyager 2: NASA announced that the ship left the Solar System
Voyager 2, the ship that was launched by NASA in 1977 and is one of the pioneers in space exploration, is already outside the limits of the Solar System.
It was NASA that announced a few hours ago, that the Voyager 2 had begun to travel the confines of interplanetary systems.
Voyager 2 is equipped with pioneering instruments that sends observations of this unexplored part of space, transmitting them to more than 11 billion miles to scientists.
NASA realized that the ship was already out of the Solar System, when the Plasma Science Experiment (PLS) was no longer detecting the plasma that came out of the sun. That exit creates a bubble called the heliosphere, which surrounds the planets of the solar system and represents the edge of the solar system.
“Working on Voyager makes me feel like an explorer because everything we’re seeing is new,” said John Richardson, principal investigator for the PLS instrument and a principal research scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge. “Even though Voyager 1 crossed the heliopause in 2012, it did so at a different place and a different time, and without the PLS data. So we’re still seeing things that no one has seen before.”
“There’s still a lot to learn about the interstellar space region immediately beyond the heliopause,” said Ed Stone, Caltech-based project scientist in Pasadena, California.
Just the “Heliopause” is called to the area that is outside the plasma detection of the Sun.
This ship also has the peculiarity that it has approached close enough to the four largest planets in the Solar System: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
The Simpsons are no longer what they were: This fan managed to make a graph to find the moment they lost its grace
The Simpsons is, perhaps, the most famous series in the history of television. Virtually everyone knows Springfield’s favorite yellow family and has followed his adventures for years and years. In fact, decades. But as we know, nothing lasts forever and that was precisely what happened with the show’s grace: it’s over, although the episodes keep coming out.
At what point did the Simpsons stop being cool?
The truth hurts, we know, but it’s time to face it: The Simpsons stopped being good a long time ago. And in fact, Sol Harris, a fan of those, found the terrible truth, and that is that currently there are already more bad chapters than good ones. Ouch.
He also graphed the whole series – a lot of free time, but thank you – to know at what time and with what events he began to lose his “spark” that we love so much. That’s how things were:
I re-watched The Simpsons and charted its decline.
(Based on my episode ratings out of 10). pic.twitter.com/JFkvVlFiOB
— Sol Harris (@solmaquina) June 23, 2017
Do you agree? At least we can say that the movie is good, and The Simpsons will always occupy a place in our hearts.
iSheet: Apple wants your money and is working on a smart sheet
The name iSheet sounds as ridiculous as it is explanatory on its own. But it is better that we get used to it. Since it seems that Apple has this device under development within their offices.
Although it is a provisional title, the guys from Patently Apple have proven that the company is developing a smart sheet. This is demonstrated by the documents obtained and disseminated by the site:
It sounds absurd and even exaggerated. But in reality Apple just registered a patent for the technology that would make up the iSheet.
A blanket with 54 embedded sensors. Able to measure and analyze heart rate, respiratory rate, body temperature; and about our rest and sleep pattern.
According to the patent; the system of the iSheet would connect wirelessly to a control panel with a touch screen; Apparently an iPad.
Where the platform would show all records and indicators; about our rest and sleep pattern.
There is even an annex where there is talk that the smart blanket could include a smart camera. To determine the position of our position and its variations.
Of course, being a patent is not an absolute fact that Apple is going to market this. But they are capable.